    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    David Thielen, Oct 18, 2006

  2. David Thielen

    kan Guest

    Hi..
    Thats very simple but i think u can display the header use this
    if(DataGrid.items.count==0)
    {
    DataGrid.visible=true;
    }

    kan, Oct 18, 2006

  3. Hi David,

    You can inherit from GridView and override CreateChildControls to create
    the header row when the data row is empty:

    #Displaying GridView When No Data Exists
    http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/kevin_marshall/archive/2006/02/28/247.aspx

    #ASP.NET Forums - Solution: Show Header/Footer of Gridview with Empty Data
    Source
    http://forums.asp.net/thread/1189584.aspx

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Oct 18, 2006
  4. That first one is exactly what I am looking for - thanks.

    David Thielen, Oct 18, 2006
  5. David Thielen

    Guest

    Hi, you can assign the text to be displayed when the GridView is empty
    to the emptyDataText property. If you do more formatting, you can write
    the HTML in the <EmptyDataTemplate>

    Hope this helps,

    Regards
    Alvin Chooi