Display bitmap from array

Paul Nuschke

Anyone know how to display a bitmap from an array using ATL, MFC, et
al.

Thanks,
Paul Nuschke

Victor Bazarov

Paul said:
Anyone know how to display a bitmap from an array using ATL, MFC, et
al.

Yes, somebody where "display" or "bitmap" or "ATL" or "MFC" are on
topic should know. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

Alf P. Steinbach

* Paul Nuschke:
Anyone know how to display a bitmap from an array using ATL, MFC, et
al.

ATL, MFC et al. are O F F T O P I C here.

However, using only the standard C++ library you can convert the array
to an image file, e.g. PNG format, and then display that image using
any program that supports the format.

An interesting format which lets you use only text i/o is the X11 XPM
format (note: this is a color-support extension of XBM, which is only
black/white). The image file you generate is then C, and therefore
C++, source code! You can then display it using any XPM-aware tool.