    version. Since the file is actually the same (by copy and paste), so any
    setting in the OS or IIS level cause the problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jason Chan, Nov 25, 2005

  2. Jason Chan

    Ant Guest

    Try saving each .aspx file using Kanji as unicode. In Visual studio:
    File > Save as:
    the save button, hit the little arrow & choose 'Save with encoding'

    for encoding, choose Unicode UTF-8 with signature (if this doesn't work,
    experiment with a few other codings like Chinese etc but this should work)

    OK,

    then refresh the page. It should display Kanji from then on.
    (Kanji must be embedded in the HTML, won't translate garbage)

    Also make sure that the request, response & file encoding in the
    Globalization element in your web config is set to UTF-8 (Should be by
    default)
    Hope this helps

    Ant

    Ant, Nov 28, 2005