Display Data in Grid

Dthmtlgod

I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
The backend is a SQL database.

The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.

I want to see something like this.

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
JUN

Low 0 0 1 0
1 0
Medium 1 3 3 0
6 3
High 5 2 1 0
4 2
Critical 20 15 16 5
4 13

The data is in this format

Low, 03/01/05
Medium, 01/05/05
etc.

I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal). Not
quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of the RptDate

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What's ProblemCat? And what do 03/01/05 and 01/05/05 mean? Are they dates?
I don't see how they correlate to your sample data.

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
Low 0 0 1 0 1 0
Medium 1 3 3 0 6 3
High 5 2 1 0 4 2
Critical 20 15 16 5 4 13

Ray at work

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dthmtlgod said:
I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
The backend is a SQL database.

The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.

I want to see something like this.

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
JUN

Low 0 0 1 0
1 0
Medium 1 3 3 0
6 3
High 5 2 1 0
4 2
Critical 20 15 16 5
4 13

The data is in this format

Low, 03/01/05
Medium, 01/05/05
etc.

I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal).
Not quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of
the RptDate

You have not provided enough detail about your source table's structure. It
looks like you need a crosstab (pivot), so:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2462

If this does not help, provide some more details
(http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5006)

Bob Barrows