Display Data in Grid

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dthmtlgod, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Dthmtlgod

    Dthmtlgod Guest

    I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
    The backend is a SQL database.

    The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.

    I want to see something like this.

    JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
    JUN

    Low 0 0 1 0
    1 0
    Medium 1 3 3 0
    6 3
    High 5 2 1 0
    4 2
    Critical 20 15 16 5
    4 13

    The data is in this format

    Low, 03/01/05
    Medium, 01/05/05
    etc.

    I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal). Not
    quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of the RptDate

    Dthmtlgod, Jun 22, 2005

  2. What's ProblemCat? And what do 03/01/05 and 01/05/05 mean? Are they dates?
    I don't see how they correlate to your sample data.

    JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
    Low 0 0 1 0 1 0
    Medium 1 3 3 0 6 3
    High 5 2 1 0 4 2
    Critical 20 15 16 5 4 13

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jun 23, 2005

  3. Dthmtlgod wrote:
    > I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
    > The backend is a SQL database.
    >
    > The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.
    >
    > I want to see something like this.
    >
    > JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
    > JUN
    >
    > Low 0 0 1 0
    > 1 0
    > Medium 1 3 3 0
    > 6 3
    > High 5 2 1 0
    > 4 2
    > Critical 20 15 16 5
    > 4 13
    >

    > The data is in this format
    >
    > Low, 03/01/05
    > Medium, 01/05/05
    > etc.
    >
    > I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal).
    > Not quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of
    > the RptDate

    You have not provided enough detail about your source table's structure. It
    looks like you need a crosstab (pivot), so:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2462

    If this does not help, provide some more details
    (http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5006)

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET