display files that have been uploaded

Discussion in 'Java' started by omnionli, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. omnionli

    omnionli Guest

    I am having trouble finding a script that will display the files that
    the end-user has uploaded to my server.

    I am on a Linux account with my hosting service.

    What I would like to accomplish is the following.

    After the end-user has uploaded their file(s) to my server via a java
    ftp applet: I need to display (list, show) the files that the
    end-user has uploaded to me on that webpage.

    Any help in this matter or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    ULTIMATELY!!!

    1. I would like a single script that prompts the end-user for their
    user name and password (the username and password of the FTP
    sub-account) that I created and supplied to them.

    2. Allow them to browse their local computer and upload files to me.
    Important note: I have tried CGI and PHP scripts to accomplish this
    and they work. But I CANNOT use CGI or PHP because of the max file
    upload limit on my hosting server. I have checked with the admin of
    my web server and they can only increase the max to 10 MB. I will be
    transferring much larger files, 50 - 100 MB at a time. CGI = 2MB max,
    PHP = 10MB max on my hosting server. So this is where JAVA comes in.

    3. Along with a progress bar (indicating that a file is being
    uploaded), I would like the files that have been uploaded to the host
    server to be displayed so that the end-user will know that the files
    made it across and not attempt to upload the same file again and
    again.

    !!! I have looked at UnlimitedFTP and I am uninterested in spending
    $500.00 on their script. I understand that this will solve all of the
    above issues, but I was hoping for a different solution.
    omnionli, Dec 3, 2004