display from video card visual c++

seattleboatguy

I would like to crate a visual c++ application that will read video
from a video card input, and display the video in a window. Ideally, I
would like to eliminate the usual "stop" "play" "rewind" window
controls, and have the software control the entire "show". I have been
experimenting with VC++ tools like "animation control", "insert active
x control", and "windows media player". Is this the preferred method,
or is there a better approach?

Jacek Dziedzic

seattleboatguy said:
I would like to crate a visual c++ application that will read video
from a video card input, and display the video in a window. Ideally, I
would like to eliminate the usual "stop" "play" "rewind" window
controls, and have the software control the entire "show". I have been
experimenting with VC++ tools like "animation control", "insert active
x control", and "windows media player". Is this the preferred method,
or is there a better approach?

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

- J.

JustBoo

Helpful people can be found in this newsgroup:

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Is this the preferred method,
or is there a better approach?

OpenGL might fit your needs.

Newsgroup:
comp.graphics.api.opengl

Website:
http://www.opengl.org/

HTH

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy
all respect for the law." - Winston Churchill

Jacek Dziedzic

seattleboatguy said:
/dev/null is every bit as helpful as your reply

Not really. /dev/null, although not defined by the C++ standard,
does not point you to more appropriate newsgroups whenever you
are OT.

- J.