Display image from file path in Crystal .NET Report

Guest

Hello all -

I'm at wits end with trying to figure out why I'm having this problem since I followed the research, that I've dug up, to a "T". I'm trying to display a JPEG image from a path directory within a Crystal Report. I created a typed dataset that is not bound to the database called dsLogo and created one field within it that has a base64binary type for the image. Once I've incorporated the dataset into the report and dropped the control where I want the image to show, I populate the dataset using this code below but am still getting an error in relation to the Query Engine. What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

' Within code-behind file that contains the viewer for the report in the Page_Load event

'Add row to Logo dataset
Dim newLogoRow As DataRow
Dim lLogo As New dsLogo
newLogoRow = lLogo.Logo.NewLogoRow
' Session("LogoImage") contains path (i.e. \\webserv\wwwroot\site\images\site1.jpg)
newLogoRow.Item("Image") = Session("LogoImage")
lLogo.Logo.Rows.Add(newLogoRow)

Thanks,

Mark

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

I dont know Crystal Reports, but it looks to me like your trying to use a
UNC file path when you probably need to use a html img tag.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

Mark said:
Hello all -

I'm at wits end with trying to figure out why I'm having this problem
since I followed the research, that I've dug up, to a "T". I'm trying to
display a JPEG image from a path directory within a Crystal Report. I
created a typed dataset that is not bound to the database called dsLogo and
created one field within it that has a base64binary type for the image.
Once I've incorporated the dataset into the report and dropped the control
where I want the image to show, I populate the dataset using this code below
but am still getting an error in relation to the Query Engine. What am I
doing wrong? Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

Guest

Actually, I don't believe there is an option to incorporate an img tag within Crystal Reports .NET, from the best of my knowledge.

Mark

----- John Timney (Microsoft MVP) wrote: -----

I dont know Crystal Reports, but it looks to me like your trying to use a
UNC file path when you probably need to use a html img tag.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

Mark said:
Hello all -
since I followed the research, that I've dug up, to a "T". I'm trying to
display a JPEG image from a path directory within a Crystal Report. I
created a typed dataset that is not bound to the database called dsLogo and
created one field within it that has a base64binary type for the image.
Once I've incorporated the dataset into the report and dropped the control
where I want the image to show, I populate the dataset using this code below
but am still getting an error in relation to the Query Engine. What am I
doing wrong? Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Sorry Mark, should have made myself a bit clearer, as I said I'm not
familiar with Crystal reports - but use an http path rather than a UNC path
to an image instead and see if it makes a difference.

Session("LogoImage") ="\site\images\site1.jpg";

....I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely, so ignore me if I am....