Display lookup field in Custom Page using Dynamic Data

Paul Hale

Im using dynamic data scaffolding in 3.5 SP1. I am using LINQ to SQL and
have a number of tables in my datamodel. I have set up associations between
some of these tables.

If I use the standard list.aspx in PageTemplates my associations work as
expected. Ie Town Name is displayed as opposed to Town_ID

I have now created a custom page for my customers table and stored in
CustomPages/Customers/List.aspx and defined the fields I would like my
gridview to display.

When i define a field such as “<asp:DynamicField DataField="Town_ID" />†my
grid shows the Town_ID as expected (an int). What I would like to do now is
for this to lookup via the association I have already made in my datamodel
and display the corresponding Town name as a string.

Can anyone give me any pointers on this please? I have watched all the
Dynamic Data vids on http://asp.net but none seem to cover this.

Paul.