    this resulting .mpp file on an Asp.net webpage? I want to show the
    Gantt Chart as a graphical object on my webpage and display it as read
    only.

    Mel, Sep 12, 2008

  2. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Sep 12, 12:25 pm, Mel <> wrote:
    > I have some Asp.net 2.0/vb.net code that creates a gantt chart with
    > some dependencies as a new MS Project (.mpp) file. How would I show
    > this resulting .mpp file on an Asp.net webpage? I want to show the
    > Gantt Chart as a graphical object on my webpage and display it as read
    > only.

    Anyone know how to do this?

    Mel, Sep 15, 2008

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Sep 15, 9:37 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > > On Sep 12, 12:25 pm, Mel <> wrote:
    > >> I have some Asp.net 2.0/vb.net code that creates a gantt chart with
    > >> some dependencies as a new MS Project (.mpp) file. How would I show
    > >> this resulting .mpp file on an Asp.net webpage? I want to show the
    > >> Gantt Chart as a graphical object on my webpage and display it as read
    > >> only.

    > > Anyone know how to do this?

    > 1) Use this:http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.tasks-...
    > to interface with the Project file on the server, and save a copy of the
    > data in XML format.
    >
    > 2) Use the saved XML to create an image - most charting / graphing software
    > can use XML as a datasource, either directly or via some transformation. I
    > use this:http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
    dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
    Gantt Chart.

    I can save as an XML file out of Microsoft Project 2007. How would I
    use this XML file to create an image?

    Mel, Sep 15, 2008
  4. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Sep 15, 10:05 am, Mel <> wrote:
    > On Sep 15, 9:37 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > > > Anyone know how to do this?

    > > 1) Use this:http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.tasks-...
    > > to interface with the Project file on the server, and save a copy of the
    > > data in XML format.

    > > 2) Use the saved XML to create an image - most charting / graphing software
    > > can use XML as a datasource, either directly or via some transformation. I
    > > use this:http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html

    > > --
    > > Mark Rae
    > > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    > I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
    > dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
    > Gantt Chart.
    >
    > I can save as an XML file out of Microsoft Project 2007. How would I
    > use this XML file to create an image?

    Oh, and the www.aspose.com website is a non-graphical solution. I
    need to show the Gantt Chart as a graphic on my web page.

    Mel, Sep 15, 2008
  5. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On Sep 15, 10:41 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > >> I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
    > >> dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
    > >> Gantt Chart.

    > >> I can save as an XML file out of Microsoft Project 2007. How would I
    > >> use this XML file to create an image?

    > > Oh, and thewww.aspose.comwebsite is a non-graphical solution. I
    > > need to show the Gantt Chart as a graphic on my web page.

    > The Aspose component is used to interface with the Project file on the
    > server and save a copy of the data in XML format - now you've got something
    > that you can work with without having to resort to server-side Office
    > automation, which isn't supported. Now that you have the data in XML format,
    > you need to display it graphically.
    >
    > > I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
    > > dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
    > > Gantt Chart.

    > So find one that does! There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of 3rd-party
    > charting / graphics add-ins for the .NET Frameworkhttp://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBGB252GB252&q=%2...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Yes, I've been searching for over a week now. I'll keep at it.

    Mel, Sep 15, 2008
  6. Mel

    Mel Guest

    Mel, Sep 15, 2008
  7. On Sep 15, 6:12 pm, Mel <> wrote:
    > On Sep 15, 10:48 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > > > Anyone know how to do this?

    > > Alternatively, this may meet your requirements:http://www.projectviewercentral.com/projectviewer/web.html

    > > --
    > > Mark Rae
    > > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    > This looks promising.  Thanks!

    For XML approach the following free js based chart could be
    interesting
    http://www.shlomygantz.com/blog/ind...ript-CSS-and-HTML-based-gantt-chart-component

    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 15, 2008

  1. news.microsoft.com

    Gantt Chart in ASP.net 2.0

    news.microsoft.com, Jun 14, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Scott Allen
    Jun 14, 2005
  2. Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com

    Gantt chart: is there an effective algorithm to validate?

    Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com, Feb 25, 2004, in forum: Java