Display MS Project File on a Web Page As Graphical Gantt Chart

Mel

I have some Asp.net 2.0/vb.net code that creates a gantt chart with
some dependencies as a new MS Project (.mpp) file. How would I show
this resulting .mpp file on an Asp.net webpage? I want to show the
Gantt Chart as a graphical object on my webpage and display it as read
only.

Mel

I have some Asp.net 2.0/vb.net code that creates a gantt chart with
some dependencies as a new MS Project (.mpp) file. How would I show
this resulting .mpp file on an Asp.net webpage? I want to show the
Gantt Chart as a graphical object on my webpage and display it as read
only.

Anyone know how to do this?

Mel

1) Use this:http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.tasks-...
to interface with the Project file on the server, and save a copy of the
data in XML format.

2) Use the saved XML to create an image - most charting / graphing software
can use XML as a datasource, either directly or via some transformation. I
use this:http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html

I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
Gantt Chart.

I can save as an XML file out of Microsoft Project 2007. How would I
use this XML file to create an image?

Mel

I can't use the Chart Director Gantt Chart because it does not contain
dependencies. I need to display the dependency information in my
Gantt Chart.

I can save as an XML file out of Microsoft Project 2007. How would I
use this XML file to create an image?

Oh, and the www.aspose.com website is a non-graphical solution. I
need to show the Gantt Chart as a graphic on my web page.

Mel

The Aspose component is used to interface with the Project file on the
server and save a copy of the data in XML format - now you've got something
that you can work with without having to resort to server-side Office
automation, which isn't supported. Now that you have the data in XML format,
you need to display it graphically.

So find one that does! There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of 3rd-party
charting / graphics add-ins for the .NET Frameworkhttp://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBGB252GB252&q=%2...

Yes, I've been searching for over a week now. I'll keep at it.