Display Multiple Sets Of Data In THe Same Datagrid

Iain Wilson

Hi Can anyone please advise if this is possible and if so how I would
go about it (a pointer to an example would be greatly appreciated).

Using C# - Web Application

I have a DropDownList with the following entries

Room A
Room B
All Rooms

The datasource is a single table containing a list of all room
bookings. (We have 5 meeting rooms)

If Room A or Room B are selected then the Datagrid below is it updated
to display all the bookings for the selected day for the selected
room. This works perfectly.

eg

From To Booked By
07.00.00 07.29.00 An Other
07.30.00 07.59.00 An Other
08.00.00 08.29.00 An Other
08.30.00 08.59.00
09.00.00 09.29.00
09.30.00 09.59.00

However what we need to do is when the user selects the 'All Rooms'
option then the bookings for all rooms will be displayed on the same
grid eg

Room A Room B
From To Booked By Booked By
07.00.00 07.29.00 An Other
07.30.00 07.59.00 An Other Somebody
08.00.00 08.29.00 An Other Somebody
08.30.00 08.59.00
09.00.00 09.29.00 Somebody
09.30.00 09.59.00

How do I populate the datagrid as above.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Best Regards

Iain

Srinivasa Nadella

Hi
I think if you would have provided the code would be more useful. But not at
all a Problem, Here is my analysis and resolution.
1. I hope you are getting the Data from the DB into one table. So, in your
two scenarios, you have two different Column are available.
So, the algorithem I am giving it out here

1. Get the Data from the Database into a DataSet or put it in a Session
(Preferable) as the round trips will be reduced to the DB.
2. On Selection of the Values in the Drop Down, Use the Data Table Select
Property and store the Filtered data into the New DataTable
3. Assign the value to the DataGrid.
4. Remember for every selection you have to submit the page. Which means a
Page Refresh happens.

So, I think probably this should be helpful to you.

Iain Wilson

Hi Srinivasa & Eliyahu

Thanks for your replies.

Some useful ideas there.