    ..jpg not an aspx so that it will be easy for the user to save to disk.

    How can I do this?
    Thanks,

    Tina, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Tina

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    change the ContentType and write the jpeg.
    Response.ContentType = "image/jepg"
    oBmp = New Bitmap(strPath)
    oBmp.Save(Response.OutputStream,
    System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    Israel , 43000
    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Natty Gur, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Tina

    Tina Guest

    there are two pages involved, webform1.aspx and HiRes.aspx. In
    Webform1.aspx I write a .jpg to the root of d: and do :
    Server.Transfer("HiRes.aspx")

    HiRes.aspx is as follows:
    <%@ Page Language="vb" ContentType="image/jpeg" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="HiRes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DBAPhotoQuery.HiRes"%>
    <head>
    <title>test</title>
    </head>

    <form id="Form1" target="_blank" method="post" runat="server">

    </form>

    and the CodeBehind for hires.aspx is as follows:

    Imports System.Drawing.Imaging
    Public Class HiRes
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Response.Clear()
    Dim oBmp As Bitmap
    oBmp = New Bitmap("d:\bigpic.jpg")
    oBmp.Save(Response.OutputStream, imageformat.jpeg)
    Response.End()
    End Sub
    End Class

    What happens is that the picture does indeed get written but to
    webform1.aspx. What was in webform1.aspx is completely replaced by just the
    image. You might notice that I put Target="_blank" in an attempt to get it
    to display a new i.e. page.
    Thanks,
    "Jerry III" <> wrote in message
    > What does it come as? You're clearly telling the client that it's an
    > image/jpeg and you're saving it as such and I'm doing this all the time

    and
    > it works just fine. Could you be more specific? Maybe you're saving more
    > than the image to the response or you're not setting the headers right...
    >
    > Jerry
    >
    > "Tina" <> wrote in message
    > > Natty,
    > > That doesn't come through to the client browser as a .jpg and is there

    > fore
    > > either impossible or very difficult for them to save the file as a .jpg.

    > > do this all the time from static pages but can't seem to make it work

    from

    Tina, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Tina

    Natty Gur Guest

    You dont set the content header :

    Natty Gur, Aug 4, 2003
  5. Tina

    Jerry III Guest

    Tina,

    this is completely wrong. You're trying to send a jpeg image from Hires.aspx
    yet you're sending HTML tags to the response. If you want to do that there
    should be nothing (and I mean nothing) in the page except page directives
    and server side script. In your case (using code behind) only the single
    Page directive should be in your aspx file, like this:

    <%@ Page Language="vb" ContentType="image/jpeg" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="HiRes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DBAPhotoQuery.HiRes"%>

    Anything else (such as your HTML in it) will be sent down to the client
    effectively breaking your jpeg image data. Of course a cleaner way is to
    send it through a render function instead of in OnLoad event but from the
    functionally point of view it doesn't matter.

    BTW why do you create a file on your disk drive and then send it? Wouldn't
    it be easier to send it directly without writing it to the drive?

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 4, 2003
  6. Tina

    Tina Guest

    Jerry,
    The problem is:
    First, the desired solution is...
    The user is interacting with Webform1.aspx. A button on that form should
    bring up a new browser window where the url is a .jpg and the image is
    displayed in that new browser window. Because the url is a .jpg, the user
    can easily save it to his local disk. He can then continue interacting with
    webform1, bringing up new pictures and saving them as desired.

    What is happening is...
    when the user hit's the button on Webform1, everything on webform1 is wiped
    out and replaced by the hi res picture. The url still says
    www.mysite.com/myApp/Webform1.aspx. This is all bad because (1) Webform1
    got wiped out and user needs to back arrow to continue and (2) the user
    can't save the image because the url is not a .jpg.

    I think this, coupled with my description below pretty much describes this
    problem I am having.
    Thanks for bearing with me so far,

    Tina, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Tina

    Tina Guest

    Ok, your right. I put that in my code and it made no difference.
    Thanks,

    Tina, Aug 4, 2003
  8. Tina

    Jerry III Guest

    You need to set the target attribute to _blank on your form to open the
    image in a new window. Like this:

    <form target="_blank"...>...</form>

    Or you can use a link (<a>) with the same attribute.

    If I understand you correctly you don't have a problem displaying the image,
    right? You just want it to open in a new window?

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 4, 2003
  9. Tina

    vMike Guest

    Maybe this will help. I set the NavigateUrl in code to a aspx file which
    streams the picture, but this bit puts it in a new window.

    <asp:HyperLink id="zoom1" name="vlarge"

    onclick="vlarge1=window.open
    ('','vlarge','resizable=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no,height=450,wid
    th=575,left=50,top=100');vlarge1.focus();return true;"

    onmouseover="window.status='Click here for full sized picture.';return
    true"
    onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"
    text="(click here for full size)"
    target="vlarge" tooltip = "Click here for full sized picture."
    runat="server"/>

    vMike, Aug 5, 2003
  10. Tina

    Jerry III Guest

    Just use the target attribute. This approach won't work if javascript is
    off, target attribute works always. Unless you want to control the windows
    appearance but it's just nicer to leave that up to the user.

    Jerry III, Aug 5, 2003
  11. Tina

    Tina Guest

    Again, as you can see in my example, I have target="_blank" and it does not
    have any effect.
    "Jerry III" <> wrote in message
    > You need to set the target attribute to _blank on your form to open the
    > image in a new window. Like this:
    >
    > <form target="_blank"...>...</form>
    >
    > Or you can use a link (<a>) with the same attribute.
    >
    > If I understand you correctly you don't have a problem displaying the

    image,
    > right? You just want it to open in a new window?
    >
    > Jerry
    >
    > "Tina" <> wrote in message
    > > Jerry,
    > > The problem is:
    > > First, the desired solution is...
    > > The user is interacting with Webform1.aspx. A button on that form

    should
    > > bring up a new browser window where the url is a .jpg and the image is
    > > displayed in that new browser window. Because the url is a .jpg, the

    user
    > > can easily save it to his local disk. He can then continue interacting

    > with
    > > webform1, bringing up new pictures and saving them as desired.
    > >
    > > What is happening is...
    > > when the user hit's the button on Webform1, everything on webform1 is

    > wiped
    > > out and replaced by the hi res picture. The url still says
    > > www.mysite.com/myApp/Webform1.aspx. This is all bad because (1)

    Webform1
    > > got wiped out and user needs to back arrow to continue and (2) the user
    > > can't save the image because the url is not a .jpg.
    > >
    > > I think this, coupled with my description below pretty much describes

    this
    > > problem I am having.
    > > Thanks for bearing with me so far,
    > >

    > > "Jerry III" <> wrote in message
    > > > Take my last message back (well, you should still clean up the page,

    if
    > > > you're sending an image then there should be no HTML for clarity).
    > > >
    > > > You're saying that the image renders fine on the client side, what

    > exactly
    > > > is the problem then?
    > > >
    > > > Jerry
    > > >
    > > > "Tina" <> wrote in message

    > AutoEventWireup="false"

    7.1">

    Tina, Aug 8, 2003
  12. Tina

    Jerry III Guest

    Do you have this online where we could look at it?

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 8, 2003