Display Parameter Results in Report

john

Conditions:
Web Control: Report Viewer
The Report.rdlc Dataset query has 2 Date Parameters @Start & @End.
In the Report viewers ObjectDataSource: Configuration, I have them set them
to 2 Textbox controls.

Report works as expected.

What I would like is to have those two Enter Dates Displayed in the Reports
Header itself'.
I have tried setting these parameters in the Report.rdlc Report Parameter
Dialog but do not know how (I assume thru the Expression Builder) to
Reference their Values to those Textboxes on the Report Viewers Form

I have Textboxes in the Header that I Basically want to Display these Two
Entered Dates so the printed(Exported) report Reveals the Reports Date Range

Thanks for any info on how to do this
John

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi John,

Regarding on the question about mapping the ReportViewrer's LocalReport
parameter to the DataSource's parameter, here are some of my understanding
and suggestion:

**As the documenet mentioend, for Local Report(RDLC ..), reportviewer does
not provide parameter area by default. You will need to use your own
controls(on the page) to accept the parameter values and assign it to
report programmatically. Also, it also mentioned that report parameters can
not be mapped to query parameters since they're used separately and have no
relation to eachother.

#Defining Report Parameters in a ReportViewer Report
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251685(VS.80).aspx

#Using report parameters in local mode
http://www.gotreportviewer.com/localmodeparameters/index.html

For your case that the parameters are actually of the datasource component,
my suggestion here is that you do not need to care about report parameters.
Just add the TextBoxes onto the page and use them as the parameter source
for the report datasource(object datasource control). Also, since these
TextBoxes are manually added, they're outside of the built-in
reportviewer's toolbar area. I think you may consider set "ShowToolBar"
property of the ReportViewr to "false" so that you can completely provide
the toolbar interface yourself. e.g. You can add code to manually refresh
the report .e.g

=================
ReportViewer1.LocalReport.Refresh();
}
=================

How do you think? Please feel free to let me know if you have any other
ideas or questions here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

--------------------

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi John,

Have you got any further ideas on this issue or does the suggestion in my
last reply help some? If there is anything else we can help, please feel
free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Quinncd

I had the same issue. I am using the business object(BO) method as a
datasource for my local report
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251692(VS.80).aspx). An issue
with this method, however, is that the directions state that your business
object should then appear in the report designer view as a web datasource
after compilation. For me,it didn't so I manually created a datatable. I
added the parameters as properties of my business object as well as columns
to the datatable (the names of the columns and of the properties should
match). The newly added columns should now show in the website datasource
view. You can then drag the properties onto your report, but you'll need to
use the First() function =(First(Fields!Date.Value)) since your parameter
values are added to the datatable for each row. HTH.