display popup text

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by displayname, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. displayname

    displayname Guest

    displayname, Jul 28, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGxheW5hbWU=?=
    <> writing in

    > The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
    > hover over a feature.
    > http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/

    > atalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=

    653343E0DE54435882FAB
    > C3CE1BC569A
    >
    > How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
    > but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
    > have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

    Use the source, Luke. It's a mixture of CSS and JavaScript. Both of
    these a client side, and off topic for this group. Suggest you go over
    to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets and comp.lang.javascript.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 28, 2009

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGxheW5hbWU=?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
    > hover over a feature.
    > http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/c
    > atalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=653343E0DE54435882FAB
    > C3CE1BC569A
    >
    > How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
    > but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
    > have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

    CSS and/or JavaScript.

    jQuery has a hover function that will do this, if you are not interested in
    writing your own (not advised).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA