display popup text

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGxheW5hbWU=?=
The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
hover over a feature.
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/ c
653343E0DE54435882FAB
C3CE1BC569A

How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

Use the source, Luke. It's a mixture of CSS and JavaScript. Both of
these a client side, and off topic for this group. Suggest you go over
to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets and comp.lang.javascript.

Gregory A. Beamer

The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
hover over a feature.
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/c
atalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=653343E0DE54435882FAB
C3CE1BC569A

How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

CSS and/or JavaScript.

jQuery has a hover function that will do this, if you are not interested in
writing your own (not advised).