Display Related Item or Add Item

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ssoss, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. ssoss

    ssoss Guest

    Hi,

    Trying to create a registration form for members of organizations.

    I have three tables,
    Users
    user_id, user_name, user_mail, etc.
    Orgs
    org_id, org_name, org_description, etc.
    Locs
    loc_id, loc_address, loc_town, loc_st, loc_zip, etc.

    GOAL:
    I want users to...

    Register / Edit user data on the form.

    Then...

    Choose from an existing Org.
    OR
    Register an Org.

    Then...

    Choose a Location (address, state, etc) associated with the org specified.
    or
    Register an Org. location to be associated with the Org chosen.

    GOAL:
    And I would like to do this on 1 form, as opposed to creating a pop-up
    window for new Org or Loc registrations.
    I could not get more then one datagrids to work on one page, no matter what
    I did.

    Perhaps TABS would work? I have no experience with them but I'm open to this
    option also.

    I have already succeeded in getting forms authentication to work, and bind a
    single table to user data.
    I've implemented checkboxes, textboxes, dropdownlists, etc. and I was able
    to edit, update, and add new record.

    Please help! I am working hard but falling very far behind on this project !

    Thanks!

    Drew
    NY
    ssoss, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Hello,

    "ssoss" <> schrieb:
    > Please help!

    Please do not X-post to groups that are not related to the topic, for
    example

    microsoft.public.dotnet.scripting
    microsoft.public.dotnet.academic

    What's your exact problem? Do you use Windows Forms or Web Forms?

    --
    Herfried K. Wagner
    MVP · VB Classic, VB.NET
    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Sep 17, 2003

  3. ssoss

    ssoss Guest

    And then you cross-posted your reply to all the same groups you were telling
    me not to post to.

    So what is it about my post that is not academic or related to dotnet
    scripting?

    I'm referring to web forms.

    My exact problem is detailed in my post.

    Thanks.

    ssoss, Sep 19, 2003