Display RSS Can't locate Resources - REPOST

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Anthony, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Sorry about the repost but i didn't get any responses....

    I am trying to make a simple page display a rss news feed.. I don't want the
    web server to connect to remote site because it doesn't work. I want the
    client to do it because my web server is behind a proxy (Tried proxycfg.exe
    on web server with no success)

    I am going nuts.. something that should be so simple for me...

    The following will just not work and I give up.. so now I want client side
    code (Unless someone can fix my problem):
    ALWAYS Give's me
    msxml3.dll error '800c0005'

    The system cannot locate the resource specified.

    /readnews.asp, line 12

    SOURCE ---
    <%
    response.write "WOW!<br>"
    Call getNews(10)
    response.write "<BR>WOW!"
    'http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/rss/xseries.xml
    Sub getNEWS(howManyResults)
    myRSSfile = "http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/rss/xseries.xml"

    Set xmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
    xmlHttp.Open "Get", myRSSfile, false
    xmlHttp.Send()
    myXML = xmlHttp.ResponseText

    Set xmlResponse = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument")
    xmlResponse.async = false
    ' oxml.setProperty "ServerHTTPRequest", true
    xmlResponse.LoadXml(myXML)
    Set xmlHttp = Nothing

    Set objLst = xmlResponse.getElementsByTagName("item")
    Set xmlResponse = Nothing

    intNoOfHeadlines = objLst.length -1

    For i = 0 To (intNoOfHeadlines)
    Set objHdl = objLst.item(i)

    for each child in objHdl.childNodes
    Select case lcase(child.nodeName)
    case "title"
    title = child.text
    case "link"
    link = child.text
    case "description"
    description = child.text
    'You can also use the following:
    author,category,comments,enclosure,guid,pubDate,source
    End Select
    next

    kk = kk+1
    if kk < howManyresults+1 then
    & description

    end if

    Next
    End Sub
    %>

    %>

    End News.
    Anthony, Feb 19, 2005

  2. This code works perfectly on my server.

    You should check for a firewall or other blocking issue from your web
    server. Perhaps there is a routing problem between your server and ibm.com,
    or a DNS issue.

    "

    Patrick Kremer, Feb 21, 2005