Display simple list

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by timmso, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. timmso

    timmso Guest

    I am trying to build a simple asp.net project. How do I use a datagrid to
    simply display a list of links in a table format? For example, let's say I
    have a database table:

    tblNames
    ID Name
    1 Blue
    2 Grey
    3 Green

    And I want to display these in the format of the web page:

    Blue
    Grey
    Green

    so that I can keep on adding names to the table and the page refresh will be
    able to handle any new names. Then, if you click on a link, you go to the
    appropriate page using ID as the identifier.

    How can I do this? Can somebody please give me some sample code or other
    guidance of how I "bind" this to a control in clickable format?

    Thanks.

    timmso, Nov 21, 2003

  2. timmso

    Steve Guest

    Have you checked out the quickstart tutorials eg
    (http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/)?

    The Server-Side Data Access examples include Inserting Data and working with
    Master-Detail relationships.

    HTH
    Steve

    Steve, Nov 22, 2003