    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    http://www.nrkn.com/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nik Coughin, Jan 26, 2005

  2. "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:

    > I'm so sick of IE. display: table-cell is just too useful not to have.

    Maybe. What would you use it for? Maybe there's a different approach.
    Sometimes display: inline-block does what you want.

    If display: table-cell is essentially, maybe your data structure actually
    _is_ a table. I've seen that. People "get rid of tables", the rebuild the
    tables in CSS, without realizing they had _data_ tables, not layout tables.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Nik Coughin

    vesedrema

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Workaround?

    There's a potential work-around for this... in your <style>, try

    * html .cell {display:inline}

    ...where .cell is the class name of the div that is supposed to act like a table cell. You should also leave the normal .cell class in there for (shall we say) normal browsers such as Firefox.

    I did try to use the width attribute but it had no effect. Not sure if this works in all versions of IE, but it seemed to work in 6. This solution might not be what you're after!
    vesedrema, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Nik Coughin

    bugmenot

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    And add
    Code:
    height:100%
    in both your row-div and cell-div. (Use conditional CSS though)

    Should do the job for IE6...
    bugmenot, Dec 15, 2007