Display test on Active-VHDL

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by joao12345678joao, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. joao12345678joao

    joao12345678joao

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Hi guys! im new here on the forum, and i'm using active-VHDL compiler. I did a Display but I dont know how can I simulate it. I'll post my code and, please, If somebody knows, tell me how can I simulate it!
    If somebody finds any error in the code, please, tell me xD

    Hugss!

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.all;
    USE IEEE.std_logic_unsigned.ALL;

    entity Input is
    port(
    a : in STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(3 downto 0);
    b : out STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(6 downto 0)
    );
    end Input;

    --}} End of automatically maintained section

    architecture Display of Input is
    begin
    process(a)
    begin
    CASE a is
    when "0000" => b <="1111110";
    when "0001" => b <="0110000";
    when "0010" => b <="1101101";
    when "0011" => b <="1111001";
    when "0100" => b <="0110011";
    when "0101" => b <="1011011";
    when "0110" => b <="1011111";
    when "0111" => b <="1110000";
    when "1000" => b <="1111111";
    when "1001" => b <="1110011";
    when others => b <="0000001";
    end CASE;
    end process;

    -- enter your statements here --
    end Display;
    joao12345678joao, Nov 8, 2010

  2. joao12345678joao

    eliascm

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2009
    Messages:
    42
    In Active-HDL, click on Help/On-line Documentation/Tutorials/HDL Entry and Simulation Tutorial

    This will get you started. If you still have questions after working this tutorial, come back to this forum and post the question(s).

    Charles
    eliascm, Nov 9, 2010

  3. joao12345678joao

    joao12345678joao

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Thanks, Charles. It's a usefull help that I didn't find before.
    Its being hard begin with VHDL. I'm trying to find some exemples inside internet to have a work base, but few sites are good for this. If I have any problem, i'll come here ask you haha

    Hugs
    joao12345678joao, Nov 9, 2010