Display text in text box - should be simple, doesn't work

Jim Owen

This is probably dumb, but why doesn't this work? The control doesn't get
filled with the text, though I debug and vControl.Text does indeed show as
having the right text in it. It's being called from a SelectionChanged event
in a calendar.

System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox vControl =
(System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox)Session["TheControl"];
vControl.Text = Calendar1.SelectedDate.ToShortDateString();

Natty Gur

Hi,

Probably something related to the session?

Can you send more code?

By the way can you tell me why you save webcontrols in the session?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114