Display Traditional Chinese Directory/Folder on asp.net 2.0 Problem ! !

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by info.lowyeah@gmail.com, Sep 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Dear all,

    Can anybody help me to solve the captioned problem?

    Case:
    I need to read a directory, which contains some sub-directories. Some
    of them are English name, some of them are Chinese name.
    Then my program will add the collection of the directory names in the
    Drop Down List box.

    When I run the aspx page in my local host IIS . It works fine. But
    When I post it to webhosting server. All of chinese(Traditional)
    directory names display an unreadable code.

    I tried to change the Encode method in I.E browser from UTF to Big5.
    But it doesn't work.

    Can anybody help me to solve this problem ?

    Regards,
    ASP.net 2.0 Newbie (Alan)

    , Sep 15, 2007

  2. Nick Chan Guest

    hi , i suppose u have to save ur aspx file in Unicode encoding
    then normally, in the aspx file, u have to set Content.encoding =
    'UTF8' or UTF-8 . i forgot

    Nick Chan, Sep 17, 2007