    but just let browser can display their basic hierarchical structures.

    Thanks.

    Zhidian Du

    Zhidian Du, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Zhidian Du

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Zhidian Du wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a program, whose output are XML files (at least 100 K) but
    > there is no the CSS file to control its display.
    >
    > Is there any programs that can generate a CSS form these XML files?

    I don't know one, but it should be possible to write one that will keep
    indenting for structure until it hits element types with mixed content,
    then treat those as inline like paragraphs.

    But if your XML is tabular data instead of normal text, you're stuck.
    *You* have to supply the CSS to tell *it*, not the other way round.

    > How can I display it use browsers? I do not need perfect appearances,
    > but just let browser can display their basic hierarchical structures.

    Open it in Emacs with psgml-mode and hit C-c C-q to reveal the structure
    by indentation.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jul 7, 2004