    displayname Guest

    What is needed to have an ASP program display xray images (DICOM format)?
    Thank you.
    displayname, Oct 30, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGxheW5hbWU=?=
    <> writing in

    > What is needed to have an ASP program display xray images (DICOM
    > format)? Thank you.

    It has nothing to do with ASP, it has to do with the browser. AFAIK,
    browsers can do jpg, gif, and png, so you will have to convert them to
    something the browser can understand before that.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 31, 2009

  3. displayname

    displayname Guest

    I don't think I can convert the images to something the browser can
    understand before that. I am thinking may be having a hyper link within my
    web page and when the link is cliked it somehow brings up the image using
    another software that can display the image. But I'm not sure how to launch
    that software and also how to tell that software which image to display.

    displayname, Nov 1, 2009
  4. displayname

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Whatever the software is, it will have to be installed onto the client's
    machine. You will need to read the documentation for whatever software you
    find for this purpose to figure out how to tell it what image file to
    display. Of course, the image files will likely need to be downloaded to the
    the user's machine.

    I assume you've tried google to find this software ... ?

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Nov 1, 2009
  5. displayname

    displayname Guest

    There are too many images and I assume each image file is big, therefore it's
    better not to have to download the images to each user's machine. Besides,
    there are many users as well. I wonder if any one has programmed to display
    xray images like what I want to do.

    displayname, Nov 2, 2009
  6. displayname

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Well, then I guess you are going to have to give up this task before you
    begin. You see, in order for the user to see an image, it _has_ to be
    downloaded to the user's machine software runs to render it to the
    screen. There is no image that you look at using your browser that has
    not been downloaded to your machine in order for you to view it. The
    software that renders an image has to exist on the machine being used to
    view it, and consequently, the image file that gets rendered has to be
    present on the machine as well.

    Now if you could find some software that runs on the server that
    converts the file to a more common image file type before sending it to
    the client, you would no longer have the requirement of installing
    software on the client machine. Maybe this will help:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DICOM viewer

    displayname wrote:
    > There are too many images and I assume each image file is big,
    > therefore it's better not to have to download the images to each
    > user's machine. Besides, there are many users as well. I wonder if
    > any one has programmed to display xray images like what I want to do.
    >
    > "Bob Barrows" wrote:
    >
    >> Whatever the software is, it will have to be installed onto the
    >> client's machine. You will need to read the documentation for
    >> whatever software you find for this purpose to figure out how to
    >> tell it what image file to display. Of course, the image files will
    >> likely need to be downloaded to the the user's machine.
    >>
    >> I assume you've tried google to find this software ... ?
    >>
    >> displayname wrote:
    >>> I don't think I can convert the images to something the browser can
    >>> understand before that. I am thinking may be having a hyper link
    >>> within my web page and when the link is cliked it somehow brings up
    >>> the image using another software that can display the image. But I'm
    >>> not sure how to launch that software and also how to tell that
    >>> software which image to display.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Nov 2, 2009
  7. displayname

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Actually, add "web based" to the search criterion to get more relevant
    results.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Nov 2, 2009
  8. displayname

    rob^_^ Guest

    Hi,

    The XRay clinics here in Australia, ALL use a mainframe based application
    for security/privacy reasons. The image quality required for diagnostics is
    beyond acceptable download times for an internet application.
    How long does it take to download an 80mb file at 56kb/sec?
    Regards.

    rob^_^, Dec 12, 2009
  9. displayname

    Evertjan. Guest

    rob^_^ wrote on 12 dec 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > The XRay clinics here in Australia, ALL use a mainframe based
    > application for security/privacy reasons.

    This does not need a mainframe application, a local microprocessor
    application would have the same security level.

    Do you know what "mainframe" means?

    > The image quality required
    > for diagnostics is beyond acceptable download times for an internet
    > application. How long does it take to download an 80mb file at

    80 milibit?
    Perhaps you mean 80 Mb [Megabit] = 10 MB [MegaByte]

    > 56kb/sec?

    Are you sure you posted this 12 dec 2009?

    Private download speed overhere is 40Mb/sec,
    that is 5 MB/sec.

    Such X-ray would load in 2 seconds.

    In some hospitals, getting an X-ray on screen often takes minutes, if not
    longer. The culprit is not the download bandwith, but the database bandwith
    or the bad programming.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 12, 2009
  10. displayname

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Sorry, but I have no other answer to give you.

    Bob Barrows, Dec 12, 2009