Displayed and Saved Images are not the same... WHY??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ThunderMusic, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic Guest

    Hi,
    I run and aspx page that does a BinaryWrite() to the browser... This
    BinaryWrite contains a mimetype (image/Jpeg) and the content of a dynamicly
    generated image... The image is displayed exactly as expected... The
    problem arise when it comes to save the image... then, elements of the
    image are moved (not part of the image, but drawn elements) and the image
    quality is not quite right... It seems the image is somehow re-rendered, but
    I don't get any request on my server... at least no request I can catch with
    visual studio's debug...

    Does anyone have any idea how and why this is happening? and most of all,
    how can I prevent this kind of behavior?

    I tried to call the BinaryWrite in the Page_Load, OnInit, OnInitCompleted,
    OnPrerender, OnPrerenderCompleted but no change, this is always the same
    behavior... I also tried to flush my Internet cache, but still the same
    behavior... Any idea is welcome... ;)

    thanks

    ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic, Sep 5, 2006

  2. ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic Guest

    After rebooting, everything went back to normal... I still don't understand
    tought.... Is there some kind of cache in the server? Is it mandatory to
    reboot in order to delete temporary internet files (I use IE, if it's of any
    relevance)?

    thanks

    ThunderMusic

    ThunderMusic, Sep 5, 2006