Displaying a flowchart on the fly in a web page

Jaswant Singh Rana

HI all,

Is it possible to generate a flowchart on the fly in a web page? The
chart will be based on the coordinates stored in a table or xml file.

Jaswant Singh Rana

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

(e-mail address removed) (Jaswant Singh Rana) wrote in
Is it possible to generate a flowchart on the fly in a web page? The
chart will be based on the coordinates stored in a table or xml file.

Yes of course its possible. But its not a simple task.

Patrice Scribe

See www.asp.net for charts controls in the control gallery.

Bascially the two options are :
- create a chart server side using System.Drawings as you would do in a
Windows app
- send SVG tags client side to create graphics

In rare cases, such as for an Intranet, you could also rely on products
installed client side such as a spreadsheet program.

Rajiv R

Hi,

As right stated by Chad, "But its not a simple task". But the motivation
lies in his email signature "Programming is an art form that fights back" !
:)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982B0359-0A86-4FB2-
A7EE-5F3A499515DD&displaylang=EN
http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/OWCCharting/OWCCharting.asp
http://www.programmingmsaccess.com/Samples/ProfitLossTable2.htm

havent used them though.

If you using OWC, do consider:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
bulletin/MS02-044.asp

Cheers!
Rajiv. R
Rajspace.Org

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Rajiv R said:
As right stated by Chad, "But its not a simple task". But the motivation
lies in his email signature "Programming is an art form that fights
back" !

Its not my task though. :)

If I were to do it, I would use IntraWeb which makes it a LOT easier. In fact
a few people have used it to build flow charts (Even dynamic ones the user
can make!) for the web. You can see a "little" bit of this functionality
here:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/features/DynamicImages.iwp