    I have an ASP.NET database application which takes time to load. Are there
    any preload splash screen resources.

    King

    King Coffee, Jun 6, 2009

  2. Go to :

    http://www.ipona.com/samples/default.aspx

    ....scroll down to :
    "Downloads for Talks" , and then "ASP Connections: AGN201 - Please Wait (372Kb)"

    and download the samples.

    The "Staged Loading" sample is what you're looking for.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    ¿ Estas probando VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0 ?
    Regístrate (gratis) en los Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
    http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 7, 2009

  3. King Coffee

    King Coffee Guest

    Hi Mark,

    You where right. I prematurely assumed I had an answer. The code procedure
    within Juan message can be performed via an update panel. So, it only
    partially address my issue. I decided to put up a Please wait... splash
    screen and then, immediately redirect to the slow page via of a update panel
    postback. The message is displayed for a few seconds while the new page is

    Thanks,
    King

    King Coffee, Jun 8, 2009