    displayed rather than just linking to it.

    Thanks,

    Floyd

    Floyd, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Floyd

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Floyd wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I append/include another web site on another server within my
    > own site?
    >
    > What I'm trying to do is have Some text links on my own server which I
    > can update at the start of a page then below it have another web site
    > displayed rather than just linking to it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Floyd

    Use frames. THat's the only way. Beware a lot of sites include frame
    breaking code, so it may not work at all. You cannot use server-side
    includes to include an entire site inside another without totally
    breaking the HTML (two sets of headers on one page? uh-uh).

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Floyd

    Floyd Guest

    Thanks. This is exactly what I was trying to do.

    Floyd

    Floyd, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Floyd

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Floyd wrote:
    > Thanks. This is exactly what I was trying to do.
    >
    > Floyd

    Use an iframe then:

    ---------------

    <iframe src="http://www.microsoft.com" width="300" height="300"
    frameborder="0"></iframe>

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Floyd

    Jan Faerber Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Floyd wrote:
    >> Thanks. This is exactly what I was trying to do.
    >>
    >> Floyd

    > Use an iframe then:
    >
    > ---------------

    > <iframe src="http://www.microsoft.com" width="300" height="300"
    > frameborder="0"></iframe>

    Here an example for an iframe:
    'Ads by Goooooogle' on
    http://dict.leo.org/?lang=en&lp=ende&search=

    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>

    and in this show_ads.js file =>

    [..]
    document.write('<ifr' + 'ame' +
    [..]
    ' scrolling="no">');
    google_write_tracker('noiframe');
    document.write('</ifr' + 'ame>');
    [..]

    If you don't mind ... two questions:
    Why do they use <ifr' + 'ame'
    and why do they use scrolling="no"?

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Floyd

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > If you don't mind ... two questions:
    > Why do they use <ifr' + 'ame'

    Not sure. Perhaps to get around corporate firewalls that do a rudimentry
    check to block "<iframe".

    > and why do they use scrolling="no"?

    Because they don't want to risk people being able to actually *read* all
    the ads.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./iggy_pop_-_the_passenger.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Jan 9, 2005
  7. Floyd wrote:

    > How do I append/include another web site on another server within
    > my own site?

    First question: do you own this other site?

    Second question: if you do capture it and include it in your own
    site, will you have some sort of heading that says "The following
    information is from example.com" ?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.