    Can any input to the sheet be captured and sent back to the server?

    Regards
    Tim
    Tim Marsden, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Tim Marsden

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Yes you can display it, as long as the client has Excel installed. Just
    redirect/point them to it.
    As for editing...that's another story. It's a matter of permissions and
    that. I HIGHLY recommend you rethink that.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 20, 2004

  3. Tim Marsden

    Tim Marsden Guest

    Thanks

    Is it possible to display the Excel Workbook, if the user does not have
    Excel installed.

    Tim

    Tim Marsden, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Tim I've done this by sending a datagrid through with appropriate headers.

    Here's some sample code to get you started:

    Datagrid1.DataSource = MyDataSet
    Datagrid1.DataBind()

    Response.Charset = ""
    Me.EnableViewState = False

    Dim MyStringWriter As New System.IO.StringWriter
    Dim MyHtmlTextWriter As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(MyStringWriter)

    Datagrid1.RenderControl(MyHtmlTextWriter)
    Response.Write(MyStringWriter.ToString())

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Tim Marsden

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    not as Excel.
    You could parse it on the server and (try) to display it all as HTML.

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 20, 2004
  6. Tim,

    If you want an "excel like experience" even for users who don't have excel
    installed check out this MSDN article:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndive/html/data02142002.asp

    Be careful. If the Uri "breaks" you may have to copy and paste the entire
    uri.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP