Displaying and manipulating TIFF files

Guest

I would like to know how to display and manipulate TIFF and multipage TIFF
Files in my ASP.NET Applications.

I know there's third party controls, but I'd like to do it myself

Thanks!!!

Kevin Spencer

The TIFF file format is not supported by any browser. You would have to
convert the file to a GIF, JPG or PNG to display it in a browser.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

bruce barker

but you certainly could do it on the fly.

study the System.Drawing classes. you can load a tiff into a bitmap, do your
modification, and render a gif to the browser. you will find clipping,
scaling (though not very adavanved), and drawing supported. you will need to
seach for contrast adj, etc.

also several of the System.Drawing classes/methods are single threaded, so
you may have scaling issues using with asp.net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| The TIFF file format is not supported by any browser. You would have to
| convert the file to a GIF, JPG or PNG to display it in a browser.
|
| --
| HTH,
| Kevin Spencer
| .Net Developer
| Microsoft MVP
| Neither a follower
| nor a lender be.
|
| | > I would like to know how to display and manipulate TIFF and multipage
TIFF
| > Files in my ASP.NET Applications.
| >
| > I know there's third party controls, but I'd like to do it myself
| >
| > Thanks!!!

Kevin Spencer

but you certainly could do it on the fly.

Oh, you certainly could. bruce! That is what I meant to imply. In fact, I
have built ASP.Net pages that serve up images, using QueryString parameters
to customize the image returned. The ASP.Net page is the "src" attribute of
image tags in other pages.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer