    HELP! I am new to XML.

    Thanks.
    , Mar 1, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > I have an XML schema that I want to modify. I need to change the text
    > from English to Arabic, but I can't seem to be able to do so.
    >
    > <LearningResourceData Type="Session - Tutorial and Workouts">
    >
    > I want to display the Type attribute in Arabic characters. How can I do
    > that using Unicode or whatever else works?

    I don't speak Arabic so I can't translate
    "Session - Tutorial and Workouts"
    to that language for you but as far as having characters from different
    alphabets in XML you are right, an Unicode encoding like UTF-8 is a way
    to have your XML encoded in a way so that many different
    languages/scripts can be used inside of one document e.g.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <text-list>
    <text xml:lang="en">Session - Tutorial and Workouts</text>
    <text xml:lang="ru">Ð’Ñтреча - конÑÑƒÐ»ÑŒÑ‚Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ñ Ð¸</text>
    </text-list>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Mar 1, 2005

    Thank you for your help Martin.

    So, how can I display an attribute of a tag in Arabic?

    -Suha

    Martin Honnen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have an XML schema that I want to modify. I need to change the

    text
    > > from English to Arabic, but I can't seem to be able to do so.
    > >
    > > <LearningResourceData Type="Session - Tutorial and Workouts">
    > >
    > > I want to display the Type attribute in Arabic characters. How can

    I do
    > > that using Unicode or whatever else works?

    > I don't speak Arabic so I can't translate
    > "Session - Tutorial and Workouts"
    > to that language for you but as far as having characters from

    different
    > alphabets in XML you are right, an Unicode encoding like UTF-8 is a

    way
    > to have your XML encoded in a way so that many different
    > languages/scripts can be used inside of one document e.g.
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    > <text-list>
    > <text xml:lang="en">Session - Tutorial and Workouts</text>
    > <text xml:lang="ru">Ð’Ñтреча - конÑультациÑ

    и</text>
    > </text-list>
    >

    > --
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    , Mar 1, 2005
  4. wrote:

    > So, how can I display an attribute of a tag in Arabic?

    By using your favourite text editor with support for Unicode and then
    creating an UTF-8 encoded XML document with that editor.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Mar 1, 2005