Displaying dataset object on a lable control without onClick or button events

Chumley Walrus

I need to display an article from my tblArticles table (predicated on a
querystring from a link on the same page which supplies the date) when
a page loads, and I want to attach it to a label control . My sql
statement follows:

<%
dim sqlstr
sqlstr = "SELECT articles FROM tblArticles WHERE sport = 'main' and
handid = 40 AND articledate =(SELECT MAX(articledate) FROM tblArticles
WHERE sport = 'main')"
%>

How would I integrate this with the data adapter since the info will be
displayed by the querystring? In VisualStudio.net, I cannot find a
method to do this.