Displaying Line Breaks from a memo field

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by RH, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. RH

    RH Guest

    I have this code:

    snip---
    &recordset.fields("Details")&"<br>"
    response.write strwbody & "<br><hr>"
    snip---

    I am writing everything to a strWBody because I have a bunch of fields to
    test for empty data. Those I don't want to show up.
    But, I need to print the Details Memo Field with any Line Breaks or Carriage
    Returns that may be in it, instead of one long line of text.

    I haven't done it in such a long time that I completely forget how to change
    the code above so that it will accomplish this.
    Can anyone help please? I've tried the replace function, and I can't seem
    to get it to work

    TIA for any help you can give
    RH, Apr 15, 2004

  2. RH

    RH Guest

    HI Curt - thanks for the quick answer, but I don't get it *sigh*
    Can you show me where these 2 suggestions fit with my code please?
    thanks in advance for your help

    RH, Apr 15, 2004

  3. RH

    RH Guest

    Of Course
    *slap on head*
    Thanks so much - I was definitely off track

    RH, Apr 15, 2004