Displaying Microsoft Access Reports (active reports) via ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Barnes, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Brian Barnes

    Brian Barnes Guest

    I've been searching using google trying to find a way to display
    Access Reports via ASP.NET and only finding commericial products which
    appear to require that the report needs to be converted every time
    that a change is made (this is not ideal for my situation).

    What I need is something that references the access reports (the data
    itself is in MS SQL Server) and will display them.

    Some of the solutions to this I have come across are (and why I can't
    use them):
    - Use Crystal reports. We are using Active reports for ease of use
    (some of our users need to make their own reports). I have also heard
    of their reputation.
    - Regenerate each report in ASP.NET. This will be rather time
    consuming, and would require each report to be recreated upon a
    change.
    - Require the user to download a plugin, and enable permissions for
    that machine to access the server. This application is to be going on
    the internet (and therefore it is both impractical and security risk
    to enable all computers in the world to access it).

    I have found MS SQL Reporting services and have been unable to find
    out much about it at present. As far as I know, it is relatively new
    and may suit my requirements. Has anyone got more information, or can
    point me in the right direction?

    --
    Brian Barnes

    Brian Barnes, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Brian Barnes

    J Jones Guest

    Hi,
    sql reporting services news group here:
    microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs

    sql reporting services is available as a download from microsoft

    J Jones, Feb 18, 2004