Displaying one-to-many data on web form page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Hi Charlie,

    That sounds like a job for the free HierarGrid control that handles a
    hierarchical dataset with relations:

    "I have created a custom control called HierarGrid that derives from the
    DataGrid and a custom DataGridColumn called HierarColumn.

    The HierarGrid takes a DataSet that contains relations between the tables.

    While iterating over the parent table it checks the related tables for child
    rows and if one is found it dynamically loads a template for the child
    row(s).

    The template is rendered invisibly into the custom HierarColumn and when the
    user clicks the plus icon, the template content is copied via JavaScript
    into a newly created TableRow."

    http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGrid.aspx

    Charlie@CBFC, Apr 29, 2004