    What I want is to be able to show dynimically - step 1 done; step 2
    done; etc.

    Any thoughts?

    sam, Jul 5, 2006

  2. sam wrote:
    > Hi - I have an ASP page - that will be making about 7 calls to a
    > database.
    >
    > What I want is to show progress to the users so that they can tell
    > each database call is in progress.
    >
    > The asp calling page works fine, but it only displays when the entire
    > process has been completed.
    >
    > What I want is to be able to show dynimically - step 1 done; step 2
    > done; etc.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    Did you try Google?
    http://www.google.com/search?source...=GGLD,GGLD:2003-36,GGLD:en&q=ASP Progress Bar

    Here is a useful result from the above search:
    http://www.atgconsulting.com/progressbar.asp

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 5, 2006

  3. sam

    Sean Harrop Guest

    I have tried quite a few of the suggestions on various search engines, and
    they all work correctly in Firefox and Opera, but the moment I try it in
    Internet Explorer, IE does not render the page until it is complete, even
    though my ASP page uses

    Response.Buffer = True

    and

    Response.Flush

    Is there a way to trick IE into rendering the page?

    Sean Harrop, Aug 31, 2006
  4. "Sean Harrop" <> wrote in message
    > I have tried quite a few of the suggestions on various search engines, and
    > they all work correctly in Firefox and Opera, but the moment I try it in
    > Internet Explorer, IE does not render the page until it is complete, even
    > though my ASP page uses
    >
    > Response.Buffer = True
    >
    > and
    >
    > Response.Flush
    >
    > Is there a way to trick IE into rendering the page?

    You'll want Response.Buffer = False

    You should also avoid tables IE will often deffer rendering until all the
    table is received.

    Sending a series of DIVs should work.

    Anthony Jones, Aug 31, 2006
  5. sam

    PM Guest

    "Sean Harrop" <> escreveu na mensagem

    Along with what Anthony said, try also this:

    A progress bar made with a line of images (colored squares or something like
    that), each one with an id.
    Just before each Response.flush, send some scripting code, that will change
    the src for each image, like a square with a diferent color.

    This should work.

    PM, Aug 31, 2006