Displaying source code of an rhtml file

Paul Johnston

Hi
I'm creating some embedded ruby web pages under Linux and Apache 2.0
and after showing what it can do I like to display the source code.
I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this than what I am
doing at present. An example is where I wish to show the line
containing
%>
Obviously just trying having a rhtml file with % at the start of a
line means it is interpreted as ruby code so at present I am using
% print "%"
&gt

This works but is a pain. Is there a way to specify to a block of
code, don't interpret this code but simple display it in the page it
came from ?
TIA
Paul

Ross Bamford

Hi
I'm creating some embedded ruby web pages under Linux and Apache 2.0
and after showing what it can do I like to display the source code.
I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this than what I am
doing at present. An example is where I wish to show the line
containing

Do you mean like this?

<head>
<title>Just code</title>
</head>

<h1>Here is the code</h1>

<pre><code><%= ERB::Util.html_escape(File.read(__FILE__)) %>
</pre></code>

Alternatively, if you mean showing it in blocks you'll have to escape it
anyway, or the browsers will eat it, won't they? So just pass them
through html_escape.

Alternatively, check out Rote (http://rote.rubyforge.org) for some
ERB-based ruby-code-macro supporting syntax highlighting fun, where you
can just do:

#:code#ruby
class SomeClass < Other
def etc(&blk)