Displaying table field in TextBox or Label controls

aabid

I started using VWD 2.0 Express Edition. I am new to web applications.
Can somebody post a sample code to show how to retrieve data from an
SQL 2005 table and display in a textbox or label?. I am not able to see
this in the documentation I came across, even though databinding grids
and some other controls is straight forward. Thanks.

aabid

Thanks for the response. But I could not find what I am looking for.
May be it is too basic??
See this example of a login screen (I dont want to use the Login
control for some reasons.)
After supplying the username and password, when the user clicks the
login button, the user's full name should be displayed on the next
screen. I am using a label to display that on the next screen.
I have a small query to locate the record filtering with the username
and password.
But the problem is how to retrieve that?
Kindly help.
-aabid