Displaying Unicode characters

Jonas

Hi!

I'm developing an ASP.NET application that fetches Unicode string data from
a SQL Server. I'm using "Lucinda Sans Unicode" as the font for my web pages
but when I have a string containing the subscripted character "2" (as in
CO2), I get the box character instead. This is a problem only in Internet
Explorer, because if I try my web page in Firefox, it shows the character in
a correct fashion. I've tried to use the Server.HTMLEncode function but it
doesn't help.

Any tips?

Jonas

Juan T. Llibre

Try this in web.config :

<globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"
fileEncoding="utf-8"
/>

Jonas

Hi !

I added the fileEncoding attribute to my existing globalization element, but
I still get the box character instead of subscript two.

Brgds

Jonas

Juan T. Llibre

Does utf-8 support the subscript two glyph?
Maybe it's some other encoding you need ?

Jonas

It works when I view the page in Firefox ... unfortuneately the rest of the
design is made for IE :-/

/Jonas

Jonas

I checked the HTML-source and it contains â,, (E2 82 82) which should be the
correct encoding of subscript two.

/Jonas

Juan T. Llibre

Try setting IE to use the desired encoding.

From IE's menu : "View", "Encoding".

See if that makes a difference...