Displaying Windows Folders/Files on a Standard Web Page

D Wright

It would suffice to state, I am very new to the .NET world, as well as
to Visual Studio, Visual C#, and ASP.NET. Nonetheless, I'm certain
the solution to several challenges I've presented myself lie therein.

I am currently tasked with creation of a Web page, the content of which
will be a list of Windows folders. A subsequent page will display a
list of files within a selected folder.

The folders on the first page are named for each employee within a
department. Each folder is accessible only by the employee for which
the folder is named.

Within the employee's folder are contained report files (MS Word
..docs, .pdf files, whatever), a list of which are the content of the
second page.

Is it somehow possible to "read" the Windows directory structure,
retrieve and subsequent write the names of the employees'
subdirectories (folders) contained within, and then list the files
within any selected employee folder?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Eliyahu Goldin

Apparently you are talking about server-side folders. There is the whole
bunch of classes in System.IO namespace. Read about them and use them.

Eliyahu