    Any thoughts?

    Regards
    Jean-Francois Michaud

    Jean-François Michaud, Apr 14, 2008

  2. Jean-François Michaud wrote:

    > I was wondering if it was possible to disregard the
    > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation. For validation it's obviously easier to
    > have it point to say a local directory but the final
    > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation has to point to a specific location that
    > is not local. I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that the
    > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation points to the non local location, force
    > the parser to disregard the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and force it
    > to validate against a specific XSD in a location of our choice to
    > avoid having to tinker with the SchemaLocation XML attribute just for
    > the validation.
    >
    > I'm using Saxon8

    You might want to ask on the Saxon mailing list.
    For the current release Saxon 9 the documentation is online here
    <URL:http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/schema-processing/commandline.html>
    and suggests that you can set the -xsd:file;file option the specify
    schema documents to be used for validation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Apr 14, 2008

  3. On Apr 14, 10:30 am, Martin Honnen <> wrote:
    > Jean-François Michaud wrote:
    > > I was wondering if it was possible to disregard the
    > > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation. For validation it's obviously easier to
    > > have it point to say a local directory but the final
    > > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation has to point to a specific location that
    > > is not local. I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that the
    > > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation points to the non local location, force
    > > the parser to disregard the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and force it
    > > to validate against a specific XSD in a location of our choice to
    > > avoid having to tinker with the SchemaLocation XML attribute just for
    > > the validation.

    > > I'm using Saxon8

    > You might want to ask on the Saxon mailing list.
    > For the current release Saxon 9 the documentation is online here
    > <URL:http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/schema-processing/commandline.html>
    > and suggests that you can set the -xsd:file;file option the specify
    > schema documents to be used for validation.

    Super! Thanks for the input ;-).

    Regards
    Jean-Francois Michaud

    Jean-François Michaud, Apr 14, 2008