dissapering text in div tag problem

SpaceGirl

Michael said:
Hi,

I'm develping this page:-

http://www.arrowservice.co.uk/dev/shop/products.php?cID=8&sub=10

And sometimes in IE, (esp if you roll over the navigation)
the main pragraph of text (about badgers) disppears, but only
in IE. It's well annoying, does anyone out there know why?

Thanks

Michael Hughes.

It's your imagination. IE is perfect. At least according to one of the
forums I'm in, IE has no bugs, and all other browsers are crap. Oh yes
they are.

*rolls her eyes*

Looking at ur page now...

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Deryck

Michael Hughes said:
Hi,

I'm develping this page:-

http://www.arrowservice.co.uk/dev/shop/products.php?cID=8&sub=10

And sometimes in IE, (esp if you roll over the navigation)
the main pragraph of text (about badgers) disppears, but only
in IE. It's well annoying, does anyone out there know why?

I'm not sure that I see what you describe but when I resize in IE I can lose
part, then all, of the smaller text next to badger-logo. This can affect the
main text above it if I resize enough. Is it a consequence of the float of
the margin style settings for the logo?

Deryck

Deryck

Michael Hughes said:
Hi,

I'm develping this page:-

http://www.arrowservice.co.uk/dev/shop/products.php?cID=8&sub=10

And sometimes in IE, (esp if you roll over the navigation)
the main pragraph of text (about badgers) disppears, but only
in IE. It's well annoying, does anyone out there know why?
Probably not relevant but you have:

fascinating to study. As with many other mammals, changes to our countryside
have forced more badgers to seek food and shelter within our gardens.Worms
are their food of choice and the supply (or otherwise) of these plays a big
part in a badger colony's decision to set up home somewhere. If you want to
encourage them into your garden, feeding them our specially formulated
supplement will help in areas where worm numbers are insufficient.Try to
feed every night near the badger's sett or at their normal foraging area,
though try not to overfeed as leftover food will go off quickly and can also
give away the location of the sett.</p>
enjoyable, it is a criminal offence to disturb badgers or to damage, destroy
or obstruct their setts.</p>

In the code (<p><p>)

Deryck

rf

Michael Hughes said:
Hi,

I'm develping this page:-

http://www.arrowservice.co.uk/dev/shop/products.php?cID=8&sub=10

And sometimes in IE, (esp if you roll over the navigation)
the main pragraph of text (about badgers) disppears, but only
in IE. It's well annoying, does anyone out there know why?

This is a known bug, part of the malformed float hanling in IE.

But, I can't remember the solution. We hashed this out quite well here about
a couple of years ago, check groups.google. IIRC somebody also pasted
something into http://allmyfaqs.com

rf

Deryck wrote
Probably not relevant but you have:

fascinating to study. As with many other mammals, changes to our countryside
have forced more badgers to seek food and shelter within our gardens.Worms
are their food of choice and the supply (or otherwise) of these plays a big
part in a badger colony's decision to set up home somewhere. If you want to
encourage them into your garden, feeding them our specially formulated
supplement will help in areas where worm numbers are insufficient.Try to
feed every night near the badger's sett or at their normal foraging area,
though try not to overfeed as leftover food will go off quickly and can also
give away the location of the sett.</p>
enjoyable, it is a criminal offence to disturb badgers or to damage, destroy
or obstruct their setts.</p>

In the code (<p><p>)

Deryck

er, and what is your point in quoting all of that?

We are dealing with HTML here and <p><p> is quite legal as the
specifications state that the closing tag for the paragraph element is
optional.

Deryck

rf said:
er, and what is your point in quoting all of that?

None really, with hindsight I would have included less of the HTML.
We are dealing with HTML here and <p><p> is quite legal as the
specifications state that the closing tag for the paragraph element is
optional.
Thank you. I guess I learnt something then.

Cheers,

Deryck

Deryck

rf said:
We are dealing with HTML here and <p><p> is quite legal as the
specifications state that the closing tag for the paragraph element is
optional.
Then am I misunderstanding the (35th of 114) errors thrown up by the
validator? The DOCTYPE for this page is XHTML 1.0 Transitional BTW, not HTML
(sorry, misread the post first time I replied to it).

Deryck

Mitja

Deryck said:
Then am I misunderstanding the (35th of 114) errors thrown up by the
validator? The DOCTYPE for this page is XHTML 1.0 Transitional BTW,
not HTML (sorry, misread the post first time I replied to it).

35th error at the time of this writing is "reference not terminated by REFC
delimiter" and refers to an unescaped amperstand in an URL.
Things must have changed since your last post, but I'm pretty sure you were
right. Richard must have assumed HTML 4.01 (same as I did, initially) -

Andy Dingley

It's all well and good saying that now - the casualty list is growing: Ron
Davies, David Archer...

The badgers shot Greg too, but made it look like suicide.