Distinguishing Crawlers

Guest

Hello,

Does anyone happen to have a Browsercaps update that properly sets the
Crawler attribute? I am seeing that google and others are being recognized as
browsers and not crawlers.

Thank you.

Curt_C [MVP]

Ian said:
Hello,

Does anyone happen to have a Browsercaps update that properly sets the
Crawler attribute? I am seeing that google and others are being recognized as
browsers and not crawlers.

Thank you.

recognized by what?
The browscap is an outdated tech.... may want to look elsewhere

Guest

The machine.config browsercaps section sets the HttpBrowserCapabilities
object properties correct?

I need to know when a search engine is crawling my site so I know not to
prompt it to select a country for pricing. If there is something other than
using the Browser.Crawler property I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre

You might want to try adding this meta tag
to the pages you don't want crawlers/robots to index :

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX">

Kevin Spencer

Crawlers have more legs. If they have MANY more legs, they are called
"millipedes."

--
;-),

Kevin Spencer