Distribute a Web Service - What Files?

Mark A. Deal

If I develop a web service (or any ASP.NET library (dll) file, what files do
I need to distribute other than the compiled .dll file? In terms of the web
service, what do I need to give my client that can hide as much of my coding
as possible?

TIA

--
Mark A. Deal
Document & Data Solutions, LLC

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Mark,
You need to just give the client your wsdl :) or a url that he/she can
get it from

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net
dkrishnan at geniant dot com
http://www.geniant.com

Mark A. Deal

Let me try to clarify then:

I am writing the web service for a client but I want to hide my code. The
service will reside on their servers.

Thoughts?

Mujtaba Syed

In ASP.NET 1.1, you will have to give them your ASMX files and the compiled
DLLs (which have the compiled code-behind classes). For added protection you
could obfuscate your DLLs.

In ASP.NET 2.0, you will be able to deploy without distributing _any_ kind
of source.

Thanks.