    Time Matters AIC
    HotDocs Certified Consultant
    GhostFill Certified Consultant

    Mark A. Deal, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Hello Mark,
    You need to just give the client your wsdl :) or a url that he/she can
    get it from

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net
    dkrishnan at geniant dot com
    http://www.geniant.com

    Dilip Krishnan, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Mark A. Deal

    Mark A. Deal Guest

    Let me try to clarify then:

    I am writing the web service for a client but I want to hide my code. The
    service will reside on their servers.

    Thoughts?

    Mark A. Deal, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Hello Mark,
    Have you considered obfuscation?

    Dilip Krishnan, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Mark A. Deal

    Mujtaba Syed Guest

    In ASP.NET 1.1, you will have to give them your ASMX files and the compiled
    DLLs (which have the compiled code-behind classes). For added protection you
    could obfuscate your DLLs.

    In ASP.NET 2.0, you will be able to deploy without distributing _any_ kind
    of source.

    Thanks.

    Mujtaba Syed, Jan 12, 2005