distribute assemblies via htm object tag

lh

i'm trying to get the client to download new dlls contained in a cab file on
my server.
I'm using html's object tag to enable the downloading of the cab file.
My problem is that the user is using a cached version of the cab file if
they have not changed their browser settings to download a new version of
the served page on every page.

Is there a way to force the user to download and user a newer version of the
..Cab file? I looked at <Object>'s #Version parameter, but it doesnt seem
to do the trick.

Thanks
Lyndon

bruce barker

the cab file name should change with the version (i.e. append the version to
the file name).

note: the rules change with xp service pack 2. in this case the cab must be
signed, and match the signature of the original cab.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

lh

Ok. I will do. Thanks Bruce.
I was thinking that the version should just be property of the CAB. That is
why I wasn't having any luck.