    tried that and when i run the .exe it generated, it just crashes (i.e.
    Windows wants to send an error report). Pyco is gone as well.

    anyone?
    codecraig, Apr 14, 2005

  2. codecraig

    Larry Bates Guest

    py2exe works just fine, but you didn't give enough information for us
    to help you. Thomas Heller (maintainer of py2exe) monitors this list.
    So post some more information of what "...caused a problem in my
    script..." means and we will all try to help.

    Larry Bates

    Larry Bates, Apr 14, 2005

  3. codecraig

    codecraig Guest

    codecraig, Apr 14, 2005
  4. "codecraig" <> writes:

    > sure....i posted another thread eariler, which explains much more
    > related to py2exe..check that out and let me know if that helps.
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/4071921987be308d

    I'm monitoring this group, but I hope you understand the I cannot spend
    too much time to debug each problem reported.

    A very common problem with py2exe has to do with encodings (google for
    "EncodingsAgain", and you will find a wiki page explaining this), but
    this is pure speculation.

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Apr 14, 2005
  5. codecraig

    codecraig Guest

    Thanks so much Thomas!!! I added encodings to my setup's...here it is

    setup(console=[{"script": 'monkey_shell.py'}], options={"py2exe":
    {"packages": ["encodings"]}})

    and i did the same for the other python script.

    Thanks!!
    codecraig, Apr 14, 2005
  6. "codecraig" <> writes:

    > Thanks so much Thomas!!! I added encodings to my setup's...here it is
    >
    > setup(console=[{"script": 'monkey_shell.py'}], options={"py2exe":
    > {"packages": ["encodings"]}})
    >
    > and i did the same for the other python script.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Cool. The next py2exe version will include the encodings automatically,
    unless this is overridden with the '-a' or '--ascii' command line
    option.

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Apr 14, 2005