distributed dll : Specified module could not be found error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MovnOn, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. MovnOn

    MovnOn Guest

    Help!

    I've referenced a dll that resides on another server in my
    web project. When I instantiate it (new keyword), I get
    a "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module
    could not be found." error message.

    I think this must be a access/permissions problem, but I'm
    not sure how to fix it. I've used dcomcnfg and altered the
    security settings for the dll there, but that hasn't
    worked. I've given myself full permission for the dll.
    Neither has worked. The dll is registered on my computer
    and I've used it repeatedly in Windows programs without
    this problem.

    What do I do next?

    Thanks.

    Lori