Distributed transactions using JTA and JTS

Distrans

Hello,

is anybody out there who has successfully implemented a transaction
distributed across JVMs by the means of a transaction manager, using
JTA and JTS (or OTS, too)? What interests me is transaction context
propagation that could be done with Orbacus some time ago but which
appears to be cumbersome with most present available transaction
managers.

My scenario is of two applications (I don't plan to use an application
server but would do so in case of serious advantages) residing in
different JVM and on different machines. Each application accesses a
database (XAResource, Resource, XADataSource, etc.). Anybody with
experiences using Arjuna, Atomikos, JOTM and theirlikes?
Hopefully and thankfully,

Distrans