distributing a ruby program

Tom Reilly

I want to distribute a ruby program to 4 offices where I work.

How do I create a minimum subset of the ruby distribution such that it
contains only the modules and ruby system that I need so that my program
can run?
Thanks

Tom Reilly

virumoz

Hi Tom,
How do I create a minimum subset of the ruby distribution such that it
contains only the modules and ruby system that I need so that my program
can run?

for exactly the same problem I use "RubyScript2Exe" and it's
derivates from Erik Veenstra:

<http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/>

Is a little complex first, but you get used to it. I assumed that
you
want to have a Windows executable containing your scripts, the Ruby
interpreter and all actually used libs.

I once developed a Ruby app with FXRuby frontend using Linux,
ported and packaged it using a Windows installation, burned it to
CD and gave it to a customer. It works even from CD/USB-Stick
because
it unpacks part of the Exe in the TEMP directory and starts from
there.

virumoz