    can run?
    Thanks

    Tom Reilly
    Tom Reilly, Oct 22, 2007

  2. Tom Reilly

    Guest

    Hi Tom,

    > How do I create a minimum subset of the ruby distribution such that it
    > contains only the modules and ruby system that I need so that my program
    > can run?

    for exactly the same problem I use "RubyScript2Exe" and it's
    derivates from Erik Veenstra:

    <http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/>

    Is a little complex first, but you get used to it. I assumed that
    you
    want to have a Windows executable containing your scripts, the Ruby
    interpreter and all actually used libs.

    I once developed a Ruby app with FXRuby frontend using Linux,
    ported and packaged it using a Windows installation, burned it to
    CD and gave it to a customer. It works even from CD/USB-Stick
    because
    it unpacks part of the Exe in the TEMP directory and starts from
    there.

    virumoz
    , Oct 22, 2007

  3. Tom Reilly