    http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install5_intro.html

    was not sucessfull. Any hints or help is welcome.

    Alexander

    Alexander Eisenhuth, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Alexander Eisenhuth <> writes:

    > Hallo alltogether,
    >
    > under windows, the py2exe is first choice, but has anybody done it
    > under Linux ? My first try with Installer

    most linux these days already have a python interpreter
    installed so i think the simplest (simplistic) method
    would be send the *.py or *.pyc file/s .
    ( i follow this way when i give little apps to my friends )

    i you want to ensure that the host machine has
    python ( or the right relase of it ) you can write
    a bash script that
    1) install python
    2) install your program [this part can be done in python itself]

    bye

    Nicola Mingotti, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Nicola Mingotti schrieb:
    > Alexander Eisenhuth <> writes:
    >

    >>Hallo alltogether,
    >>
    >>under windows, the py2exe is first choice, but has anybody done it
    >>under Linux ? My first try with Installer
    >>

    > most linux these days already have a python interpreter
    > installed so i think the simplest (simplistic) method
    > would be send the *.py or *.pyc file/s .
    > ( i follow this way when i give little apps to my friends )

    Maybe youre right, but the applicatiobn runs under embedded linux, so the size
    of your applikation is another argument :-(

    Alexander

    Alexander Eisenhuth, Sep 16, 2003