    some GUI-tool that automates the .deb file creation process, but
    targetting Python specifically and not C++.

    /Olof

    Olof Bjarnason, Sep 25, 2009

  2. Olof Bjarnason

    Paul Boddie Guest

    On 25 Sep, 08:15, Olof Bjarnason <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I write small games in Python/PyGame. I want to find a way to make a
    > downloadable package/installer/script to put on my webpage, especially
    > for Ubuntu users.
    >
    > I've skimmed a couple of tutorials on how to generate .deb-files, but,
    > wow, it's a whole new skill set to do that!

    If you start simple and don't have to produce extension modules, it's
    not too bad, but finding all the right tools is an awkward task. I'm
    not sure that I've really mastered the craft yet.

    > Does anyone have any hint on a more economic way of creating
    > single-file distribution packages for Python+PyGame projects? Maybe
    > some GUI-tool that automates the .deb file creation process, but
    > targetting Python specifically and not C++.

    You could take a look at this PyGame project:

    http://www.infukor.com/rally7.html

    The sources contain packaging infrastructure for Debian/Ubuntu, and
    you could certainly adapt that for your own purposes.

    Paul

    Paul Boddie, Sep 25, 2009

  3. 2009/9/25 Paul Boddie <>:
    > On 25 Sep, 08:15, Olof Bjarnason <> wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I write small games in Python/PyGame. I want to find a way to make a
    >> downloadable package/installer/script to put on my webpage, especially
    >> for Ubuntu users.
    >>
    >> I've skimmed a couple of tutorials on how to generate .deb-files, but,
    >> wow, it's a whole new skill set to do that!

    > If you start simple and don't have to produce extension modules, it's
    > not too bad, but finding all the right tools is an awkward task. I'm
    > not sure that I've really mastered the craft yet.
    >
    >> Does anyone have any hint on a more economic way of creating
    >> single-file distribution packages for Python+PyGame projects? Maybe
    >> some GUI-tool that automates the .deb file creation process, but
    >> targetting Python specifically and not C++.

    > You could take a look at this PyGame project:
    >
    > http://www.infukor.com/rally7.html

    Thanks this might come in handy.

    > The sources contain packaging infrastructure for Debian/Ubuntu, and
    > you could certainly adapt that for your own purposes.
    >
    > Paul

    twitter.com/olofb
    olofb.wordpress.com
    olofb.wordpress.com/tag/english