distribution error

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by tamiry, Sep 18, 2005.

  1. tamiry

    tamiry Guest

    Hi,
    I have wrote a perl script, that reads some files and then putputs a
    summarizing line. I wanted todistribute it among team members so I
    compiled it using

    pp script.pl -o script.exe

    well, it worked on my PC and on all others but one. In the ecentric one
    I didn't see any output at all. (the summary line is seen any case,
    there are no "return"s, "die"s etc. whatsoever in the code.)
    I once ran it like

    Script.exe >tmp.txt

    and saw the expected output, yet some other times I don't. Any idea how
    to debug this?

    oh, some technical details:
    * my PC runs Win2K
    * the other one runs XP, SP2 (other working computers have XP as well)
    * I'm using ActiveState v5.8.7 for windows, build 813
    * I'm using these modules:
    use warnings;
    use Cwd;
    use File::Basename;